Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm Still Here Quilting Away

Hello quilty friends!  I'm still here, and quilting.  I was off, to upstate New York, for a week visiting an old college buddy.  We had a ball!  Although she is not a quilter, she checked out all the quilting stores in the area.  One of the best was right there in her sweet little town of Owego.  I spent a bit of time chatting with the owner, Bonnie Hall.  What a lovely lady.

A BUTTONI've decided to jump right in and take on Barbara Brackman's Block of the Week again this year.  It starts September 1, 2012.  I'm going to use my purple, greens, and whites as some others are.  Those were the colors chosen in 1908 by the English WSPU.  For more information check out the site at: civilwarquilts.blogspot.com.

Happy Sewing to One and All!

1 comment:

  1. I am really looking forward to working on Barbara's block of the week, it was one of my favorite things I did last year. I just enjoyed working on that block every Saturday morning. I haven't even thought about color choices yet, purple green and white sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete