Thursday, January 3, 2013

More Great Gifts

I'm so cold!  I went for my walk yesterday morning when it was 34 degrees out.  Now I know that is not cold to some of you, but I'm just not a winter person!!  Hunkered down and working on a few quilty projects.  On one of my Grandmother's Choice blocks, I've cut the same pieces wrong four times today!!  You heard me right, four times!!  I've decided to take a break from that one block, and work on something else for awhile.  When it's finished, I'll post a picture.  You'll know what I've been doing, wrong and will have a good laugh!!

I'm posting a picture today of a couple quilt type gifts I got for myself this holiday season.  These books are by Rosemary Youngs, who I've met on line through my Dear Jane site and following each others blogs.  We occasionally email each other as well.  I look forward to meeting her in person one of these days!  Each of the books has letters from people either from World War II, or in the case of the Amish one, from Amish women.  Not only are the quilts great fun to make, but it's just fun to read the letters.  Check these books out on her blog.  Follow the link from my list on this page.

Happy Quilting Everyone, Everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, I cannot wait to see your blocks when you start on them.

    ReplyDelete