Monday, February 4, 2013

Hawaiian Quilts

Painting of a Hawaiian Pineapple Quilt.  Painter unknown
If you didn't know, you may have guessed, that I've been gone for a week or so.  I've been in Hawaii!  Enjoying the sun, more sun, and the warmth of that sun, with my grown children and my husband.  Good family time!

I've posted a beautiful pic here of a Hawaiian quilt.  It is not an actual quilt, but a painting done on a wall at the Four Season's Resort on Maui!  Pretty cool, huh!?  I bought a few goodies at the local quilt store, but I can't show them now, because they are gifts for the ladies attending my quilt camp in March.  You'll have to wait to see those. 

Now I really do have a surprise for all of you!  My Janie Dearest is quilted!!!  Sue Baddley, from Summit Creek Quilts, did an absolutely awesome job!!  I opened the box today and began to cry.  It's so hard to believe that I made that quilt!! I'm going to work on the binding and take a final pic for all of you soon!  Stay tuned!!

Happy Quilting Everyone, Everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment