Monday, February 11, 2013

More Stars!!

I've decided to go ahead and make this sweet star quilt, with my friend Pam.  The quilt pattern is "A Quilt for Alice", by Paula Barnes from Bonnie Blue Quilts.  I just love stars, and can never turn down making a quilt together with a friend! We decided to make this quilt larger than the pattern so we are making 6" blocks, instead of 4" blocks. It's scrappy with one background, and I love making these!  I suppose you may have noticed how I'm making all those star points, also know as Flying Geese?  Yes, we're using the "Flying Geese Ruler", from Eleanor Burns.  Accurate and a bit quicker for me.

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, Quilt Camp is upon me and I really need to get those samples together this week!  I've been sewing strips for one, and cutting 2-1/2" squares for the other.  More on those soon!

Happy Quilting Everyone, Everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment